In the Buzzer staff forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did I wish to call the magazine "In the Buzzer" ?

2 posters

Go down

Why did I wish to call the magazine "In the Buzzer" ? Empty Why did I wish to call the magazine "In the Buzzer" ?

Post by N#23 8/21/2010, 4:41 pm

Members,

I think that it is always interesting trying to know how were created things. & especially when the subject is about something we like. In my opinion, the BBs had thought and discuss about the name "BuzzerBeater" during a long time. They may have come up with it as they were satisfied about the image this name reflected.

I kind of did the same. In fact, I had thought of a lot of names before thinking of "In the Buzzer" : "Back to the Mag'", "Dream Team", "Beater Mag", "CrossOver" ... and lots of other names were dropped on a piece of paper.

I was surfing on a website that presented a "basketball glossary" when my eyes were alerted by a specific expression : "In the paint". This expression is especially used in basketball and means "being in the foul lane area which is painted a different color" or "there is a rectangle under the basket on the court. That area is considered the paint, and obviously any points scored in that area would be considered 'points in the paint'.".

Reading these descriptions made me think of an idea. If "In the paint" means a particular part -- colored differently -- on a basket ball court, then why won't I associate the expression "In the paint" with "BuzzerBeater" ? Indeed, the project of an English speaking magazine of BuzzerBeater is to deal with subjects inside the game but offering also a different way of seeing it.

"In the Buzzer". I think this name perfectly fits with the image we want to promote : we all play the game with passion, we are in it, we are on the front line Razz. But thanks to the magazine, we offer a different vision to the readers -- and ourselves -- making them (and us) enjoying much more the game.

That's how I came up with the name: 'In the Buzzer'.

Last edited by N#23 on 8/30/2010, 5:36 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Correcting spelling mistakes)
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

https://inthebuzzer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why did I wish to call the magazine "In the Buzzer" ? Empty Re: Why did I wish to call the magazine "In the Buzzer" ?

Post by SpFpower 8/22/2010, 4:31 am

I think that "In The Buzzer" is a great name for the magazine and I agree with your reasoning for picking it also, makes complete sense. "Crossover" also would have been a great name for the magazine in the sense that crossing over a basketball is like crossing over different parts of the Buzzerbeater world, If anyone else gets that idea Razz
SpFpower
SpFpower
Journalist

Team The King of Kings

Back to top Go down

Why did I wish to call the magazine "In the Buzzer" ? Empty Re: Why did I wish to call the magazine "In the Buzzer" ?

Post by N#23 8/23/2010, 12:20 am

SpFpower wrote:I think that "In The Buzzer" is a great name for the magazine and I agree with your reasoning for picking it also, makes complete sense. "Crossover" also would have been a great name for the magazine in the sense that crossing over a basketball is like crossing over different parts of the Buzzerbeater world, If anyone else gets that idea Razz
That's right. That's exactly the reason why I thought of the name : "CrossOver". But I don't know why, my eyes & my ears preferred "In the Buzzer" Razz.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

https://inthebuzzer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum