In the Buzzer staff forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your BuzzerBeater teams and objectives ?

+2
SpFpower
N#23
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your BuzzerBeater teams and objectives ? Empty Your BuzzerBeater teams and objectives ?

Post by N#23 8/23/2010, 10:50 pm

Hi guys,

What about your teams on BuzzerBeater ? What are you aiming this season or the following ones ? I'm planning to build a competitive team to win the League II.1 Play-Offs. I don't really want to be promoted if I don't win the title. I'm #N23 after all, huh F-Rat Razz !
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

https://inthebuzzer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Your BuzzerBeater teams and objectives ? Empty Re: Your BuzzerBeater teams and objectives ?

Post by SpFpower 8/23/2010, 11:28 pm

The King of Kings would like to stay in Division III as this is our first season in USA III.5. We were promoted to a very tough league with even a former USA NBBA champion! Demon Hoosiers in our conference. Our goal is to atleast get the 5th spot and avoid any relegation matches.
SpFpower
SpFpower
Journalist

Team The King of Kings

Back to top Go down

Your BuzzerBeater teams and objectives ? Empty Re: Your BuzzerBeater teams and objectives ?

Post by N#23 8/24/2010, 1:34 am

Former USA NBBA Champion in League III ? He must have it hard Razz ! How come can't he 'assume' his status anymore ?

Last edited by N#23 on 8/24/2010, 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by TmpG 8/24/2010, 2:26 am

The modest Big Five expects to stay in the IV for a few more seasons until their Arena reaches 9000 capacity at least, and their team gets a little bir more balanced and ready to compete in the III
TmpG
TmpG
Journalist

Team Big Five

Back to top Go down

Post by SpFpower 8/24/2010, 7:16 am

@ N#23

Demon Hoosiers was the season 2 NBBA Champion and for 8 seasons after that was a NBBA regular. However, teams started to get better and better in the US and up rose teams like, Heathens, Ice Storm BC, Burlington Mountain Goats and older teams like Demon Hoosiers and Nth_MLB_Giants started to fade. Season 11 saw the Demon Hoosiers relegate down to division II, one season later in season 12 they relegated again to III.5 in what is now Season 13. I've talked with him a bit and he is in a rebuilding stage and plans to spend a season or 2 in III and return to glory.

Well that was a nice history lesson of the NBBA haha Razz
SpFpower
SpFpower
Journalist

Team The King of Kings

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 8/24/2010, 4:20 pm

@TmpG
Who knows Razz !? With the new draft system you could except drafting a 'franchise player' (not talking about the BB potential here lol) that may set up a new deal !
Why are you waiting for the expansion of your arena to hope competing for the title ?

@SpF
Yeah, nice history lesson Very Happy !
Even though competition got tougher and tougher, I still don't get why he felt so down after being a champion Razz. League III man ... It reminds me of a French soccer team that almost had to play in League IV after evolving in League I and competing in European cups : Strasbourg. But they have a good reason to explain their 'collapse' ... They were manage by some idiots ! HaHaHa. Hope Demon Hoosiers's manager is not an idiot Twisted Evil !

Anyways, I'm competing against the more-than-favorite franchise for this season Play-Offs final in League II.1 - Prathet Thai. He is undefeated ... a real monster.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by TmpG 8/25/2010, 2:04 am

@N#23

I'm waiting on the Arena expansion because looking into upper leagues Arenas, their capacity is around that value
TmpG
TmpG
Journalist

Team Big Five

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 8/25/2010, 4:52 pm

@TmpG
But you're not waiting for the expansion to be complete before competing for the title ... are you ?

As for the Byakko Kingdom, we've lost our battle Leader Vs. Leader yesterday. It was kind of harsh, especially that the game ended by more than 20 points for our opponent (92 - 113). The positive aspects are that we played out of base & that we took it easy and they didn't. We're still leader of the Great 8 conference thanks to our point average. I'm gonna take it easy all my remaining games until the Play-Offs ... Otherwise, we'll have no chances in the Finals.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralex 8/29/2010, 9:00 pm

Well Well, I am aiming for BLNO, the lv of the teams in II.3 are the weekest among the II series (In Norway).
I have been in the playoff finals 2 times in a row now, but I lost my first by an accident, but the second I wasnt good enough.

Ralex
Visitor

Team Sortland Wolfs

Back to top Go down

Post by SpFpower 8/29/2010, 9:06 pm

Well maybe this years your year Wink

The King of Kings have ran into a serious problem in a lack of guards after key backup PG Adam Manning suffers a 3 week injury. After selling away his backup SG last week there is only 2 true guards left :S.
SpFpower
SpFpower
Journalist

Team The King of Kings

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 8/30/2010, 5:12 pm

Hey Ralex, welcome here !
Yep, maybe this year is for you. But you know, when the Play-Offs series begins, it's like a new starts, it's like you start all from scratch : excepted your enthusiasm and the home court advantage.

@SpF
My bad ! Are you going to buy a new guard or something ?
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by SpFpower 8/30/2010, 8:36 pm

I'm currently trying to find a guard with 8 OD, 8 JS, and 7 JS as the requirements.

My goal however since entering division III is that I wanted to get a 30K+ guard for my team but I don't have the money for that right now. I do have a center to be projected for 50K next season though =D
SpFpower
SpFpower
Journalist

Team The King of Kings

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 8/30/2010, 9:18 pm

Nice for your center Wink. But you know that weekly salary for inside players are higher than outside players, but it doesn't mean that they'll produce better performances. When I looked closely on the transfer market, I realized that finding inside players with good skills cost cheaper than outside ones ...
I think I'll focus on outside players for the upcoming seasons. No matter if it's for training or selling, I think it's worth trying.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralex 8/31/2010, 12:28 am

N#23 wrote:
Hey Ralex, welcome here !
Yep, maybe this year is for you. But you know, when the Play-Offs series begins, it's like a new starts, it's like you start all from scratch : excepted your enthusiasm and the home court advantage.

I am saving enthusiasm trough the seasong to importnand matches, like in the cup.
and I usaly have like 11 enthusiasm when the playoffs starts Very Happy

Ralex
Visitor

Team Sortland Wolfs

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 9/1/2010, 7:39 pm

I plan to have at least an enthusiasm close to 12. Otherwise, Hover Breave will just eat me ! I think I'll take all my following matches easy. There is no real competition in my conference =). But the thing is that if I get promoted because of the bot cleaning thing, I will get no pleasure competing in League I.1. Especially when seeing the gap of level between the 2 leagues.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by smallfrie09 9/3/2010, 9:14 pm

My goal this season has been training my gaurds to have a good team come playoffs. Im currently sitting at 2nd place but play the first place team tomorrow and if i win, which i beat them earlier this season, i will be first. My training has been very well. I have 3 fantastic gaurds that are young and are progressing very well. My best is Jay Martinez with 8 JS 8JR 8 OD 9 HD 9DR 8 PA and still training on him. I also have a gaurd with superstar potential and he is almost the same in stats. They are both still only 19. I figure training up my gaurds this year will help get me promoted and if not then ill start to train big men men next year and surely get promoted.

smallfrie09
Columnist

Team smallfries

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 9/4/2010, 3:18 pm

Hi Smallfrie,

Welcome on this forum ! How old is Jay Martinez ? What is his potential ? You want to make him a guard ? Be careful on his secondary stats. The more players are balanced the best it is Wink.

As for me, I got 2 pops on a player, and 1 for two players this week. They've trained very well Razz !
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by smallfrie09 9/5/2010, 2:29 am

Thank you! Jay Martinez is 19 with starter potential...i wish he had a better potential but my other trainee with superstar potential is progressing well and will be a very good player to go along with Martinez...Martinez is 6'5" and hes listed as a PG but i have been playing him at SG. What areas should i train Martinez in to make him an all around player? I want him to be well balanced and cheaper:)...What are your trainees N#23?

smallfrie09
Columnist

Team smallfries

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 9/6/2010, 12:20 am

Starter potential ? Did you know that his pops/progression will be limited when he'll reach around 34 370 < 49 100 $ salary? That is to say that he is a very limited player. You must focus his training on the stats you wish for him to have. Otherwise you'll have an unbalanced player.

I saw that at your level, he was a good scorer. But he only has an average of 8.5 rating. His primaries stats or good. But what about his secondaries ? Would you mind telling me those ? Then I'll be able to give you a good advice for the future.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by smallfrie09 9/6/2010, 10:33 am

Here are all of his stats...im a little confused on what the secondary stats would be...

Jump Shot: strong Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: strong Handling: proficient
Driving: proficient Passing: average
Inside Shot: pitiful Inside Def.: respectable
Rebounding: pitiful Shot Blocking: respectable
Stamina: awful Free Throw: inept

Experience: pitiful

I think if his stamina was higher he would probably end up with better rating no? I have been debating whether to sell him at the end of the season or keep him to be a future bench player if i can get a well rounded starting lineup.....Also i beat the first place team saturday by 22 points so im in first now! Very Happy i just hope i can win in the playoffs unlike last season i lost in the 2nd round:(

smallfrie09
Columnist

Team smallfries

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 9/6/2010, 4:43 pm

If you want to win the Play-Offs, you should take two main aspects into account: Enthusiasm and Home Court Advantage ! Otherwise, you'll increase your chances to loose. I had mistaken last season, and ignored those aspects. Once a played a non-bot, I took it hard ! Very Very Hard Mad ! LOL.

For a SG, secondaries stats would be especially: Passing & Rebounding. You can even add Inside Shot. According to the Game Manual, Shooting Guard priorities are:
Primaries
#1: Jump Shot / Jump Range / Outside Defense / Handling / Driving
Secondaries
#2: Rebounding / Passing
#3: Inside Shot

So my advice is to up:
Passing to at least Respectable
Rebounding to at least Respectable
Inside Shot to at least average

Then focus on his primaries with Jump Shot & Outside Defense as your priorities.
If you play: Run & Gun - Push the Ball - Look Inside and Defend: Full Court Press and plan to line him in your starting five you really need to up his stamina to at least Respectable. Or for a back up Mediocre/Average.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by smallfrie09 9/6/2010, 11:59 pm

Ok i will try what you said. Thanks for the advice! Ive been playing for about a year now but i know there is still a lot of information i need to learn to hopefully one day get to div. 1 and will take as much help i can get from other experienced coaches!

smallfrie09
Columnist

Team smallfries

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 9/7/2010, 1:07 am

The thing is ... that the game evolves constantly. Look at BC Torööö. He won B3 tournament few times in a row. But when the BBs decided to change the format of the competition, he immediately lost his crown. Same things goes for National Championship. You can built a strong team and then next season loose all your bases because of an improvement made by the developers. The best advice is to have the most balance player as you can. Buy cheap young players. Have 3 slots for your training program. Keep the first one as a starter, the second as a back up and sell the third. & that means train single position.
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 9/13/2010, 4:55 pm

The Play-Offs are coming. Who will be able to qualify to compete for the title? I think I have a good card to play Wink!
N#23
N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Moustache/Snake 9/13/2010, 5:11 pm

I locked the first spot of my league I think =)!

It smells like I'm going to the number 2 division of france =P!
Moustache/Snake
Moustache/Snake
Columnist

Team The Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum